Each week students will have access to approximately 10 hours of pre-recorded classroom lectures from top U.S. Law professors.
Why Become a U.S. Attorney?
Passing a U.S. state bar exam and becoming an American attorney adds valuable credentials to your C.V. or resumé and gives you the capability and expertise to work with international clients, deal with cross-border transactions, and understand the differences between U.S. and international law. Beyond choosing to practise law in the U.S. or abroad, you may be eligible for many positions in specialised areas such as consulting, international arbitration, international human rights, corporate in-house counsel for international businesses, and many more.
Graduates with a full-time, three or four year common law degree, which must be of substantial and durational equivalence to an American law degree, may be immediately eligible to apply to sit the New York bar examination. Qualified lawyers who do not possess a common law degree can apply to take the California bar exam.
International Bar Review Course Format
Our U.S. State Bar Review course is offered at locations around the world or at home. The format of the course includes recorded video lectures, access to our online learning platform and 1:1 personal support. Select a location above to see all programme features.
Classroom or Home Study Programmes
- Classroom Lecture Course
- Classroom lectures are administered by U.S. attorney-qualified BARBRI course directors and facilitators
- Pre-recorded lectures delivered by expert American law school professors are shown in the classroom and may also be accessed virtually through BARBRI’s online Personal Study Plan
- Classroom locations are offered in London, Dublin and Dubai
- Classes held on Friday evening and Saturday or Thursday evening and Friday in the Middle East
- Time and study expectations are 20-30 hours per week over 6-month duration
- Recommended for candidates desiring structure and regular face-to-face contact
- Distance Learning – Home Study Programme
- Comprises the same written and online materials as the lecture course, accessed on demand following a detailed Personal Study Plan
- Watch pre-recorded lectures delivered by expert American law school professors and accessed online anywhere in the world through BARBRI’s online Personal Study Plan
- Encouraged to attend physical venues for mock exams
- Course Directors available at mutually convenient time to provide study guidance; Fortnightly communication from BARBRI International and availability throughout the programme
- Truly part-time option with greater flexibility designed for working professionals. Choose from:
– 6-month course duration requiring 20-30 hours of study per week OR
– 10-month course duration requiring no more than 10-15 hours of study per week
- Recommended for candidates who need more flexible study options or cannot attend the lecture course due to location or schedule conflicts
Why BARBRI International?
Innovative testing and learning technologies combined with years of experience training non-U.S. lawyers and law graduates make BARBRI International the best partner when you decide to enhance your career by becoming a U.S. attorney. Our International Bar Review programmes are designed specifically for non-U.S. graduates focusing on the topics that international students find difficult and / or are most frequently examined.
BARBRI has helped over 1.2 million students succeed on a U.S. bar exam and we are here to help you.