Your online Personal Study Plan, your weekly to-do list, is curated by an engine we call ISAAC: Intuitive Study Assistant and Coach. ISAAC combines algorithms and 50+ years of bar exam expertise to focus your attention on what’s most likely to be tested as it also gets to know you.
You May Already Be Eligible to Sit a U.S. Bar Exam
U.S. state bar examinations take place in February and July each year. New York and California operate a relatively open policy in permitting foreign law graduates or lawyers to sit their bar examinations and do not impose restrictions to admission on grounds of nationality or residence.
Graduates with a three- or four-year common law degree may be immediately eligible to apply to sit the New York bar examination. Qualified lawyers can apply to take the California Bar Exam, and this includes qualified lawyers who have a civil law background or are qualified in their home jurisdiction through an alternative pathway.
Study Anywhere in the World: BARBRI Extended U.S. Bar Preparation Course
Innovative testing and learning technologies combined with years of experience training U.S. and non-U.S. lawyers and law graduates make BARBRI the best partner when you decide to enhance your career by passing a U.S. Bar Exam and becoming a U.S. attorney.
Whether you’re a qualified lawyer in a jurisdiction outside of the U.S considering sitting a U.S. state bar exam, an LL.M. student at U.S. law school or just need more time to study due to other commitments, the Extended U.S. Bar Preparation course offers the support and flexibility you need to pass the New York / Uniform Bar Exam (UBE) or California Bar Exam.
76% of non-U.S. educated students who completed 80%+ BARBRI Extended U.S. Bar Prep course work passed a U.S . bar exam.
Blended Classroom VS Home Study
- Blended Classroom Lecture
- Recommended for candidates desiring structure, regular face-to-face contact and who can study approx. 20-25 hours / per week over 6-months
- Live course components, led by U.S. attorney qualified facilitators, complement online learning and serve as an opportunity for additional guidance and local support (in addition to 1:1 Personal Mentor)
- Pre-recorded lectures, delivered by expert American law school professors, are shown and discussed in the classroom and accessible online via your BARBRI Personal Study Plan
- Offered in London, Durham, Dublin, Dubai and Paris based on demand. Sessions held on Friday evening / Saturday or Thursday evening / Friday in the Middle East
- Study approx. 20-25 hours / week over 6-month
- 100% Online Home Study
- Recommended for candidates who need more flexible study options or cannot attend a blended classroom lecture course due to location or schedule conflicts
- Your 1:1 Personal Mentor will schedule individual, regular check-ins, conduct livestream workshops, provide tips, and help with any problem areas including course customization if necessary
- Pre-recorded lectures, delivered by expert American law school professors, are accessible online via your BARBRI Personal Study Plan
- Encouraged to attend physical venues for mock exams / simulations
- Study approx. 20-25 hours / week over 6-months OR
Study approx. 10-15 hours / week over 10-months