BARBRI International Marketing Assistant
NEW “FOUNDATIONS IN U.S. LAW” COURSE INTRODUCED TO PREPARE INTERNATIONAL LAW GRADUATES TO PASS U.S BAR EXAMS
BARBRI International has introduced a new Foundations in U.S. Law Course: your first step in preparing to sit a U.S. Bar Exam. This program is specially designed to prepare you, a foreign educated law graduate or lawyer, to pass the Bar Exam.
A little history first – BARBRI has been preparing students for Bar Exams for over 40 years. In recent years, the number of foreign educated students taking the Bar Exam has increased. It is those students who told us what they needed:
A longer period to study for the Bar Exam
- Basic understanding for the Multistate subjects
- A method to help memorise large amounts of information
- A framework for how to read and understand Multistate (MBE) questions
- Essay writing instruction that addresses what the bar examiners look for in student essays
- Insight in the performance test
- And all in a manageable time frame.
That is what BARBRI International will provide you, and it all starts with the Foundations in U.S. Law Course designed to help you lay a foundation in the substantive law tested on the Bar Exam, introduce you to how you tackle each part of the exam, and give you some practice in each subject area.
With the Foundations in U.S. Law course, students will (1) work on starting to develop the skills needed for all parts of the Bar Exam, (2) get a broad understanding of each Multistate subject, and (3) dive more deeply into the heavily tested topics of each subject so you can build confidence in your abilities. The course is self-directed, so students can dip in and out of it in your own time.
With the Foundations in U.S. Law Course you can get started on honing your foundational skills now.
- Systematic Problem Solving: teaches you how to read questions critically and efficiently.
- Essay Writing Workshop: teaches you how to organise relevant law and facts.
- Essay Architect: tests your reading skills, reviews essay answer organisations and gives you the opportunity to build a lawyer-like answer from component parts. You will also receive immediate feedback on your personal performance.
- Performance Test Skills Workshops: gives you an overview of the exam and how to tackle one of the most important parts of the exam.
For each Multistate subject, you’ll get an overview of the subject explaining what the subject broadly covers as well as areas that are tested and/or how one should approach each subject.
The next step looks deeper into each of the MBE subjects. We have selected highly tested or particularly difficult sub-topics for you to focus on during your studies.
- Read an excerpt to become familiar with terminology
- Listen to a modularised lecture
- Assess your knowledge with BARBRI AMP to build and test understanding of the black letter law
- Test your knowledge with a short quiz
- Work on issue spotting and organisations with essays in each subject.
The BARBRI commitment is to assist you in every way possible to ensure you pass the Bar Exam. The qualifications of New York Attorney-at-Law and California Attorney-at-Law, once obtained will open many doors to you and the effort you put into the course will be repaid many times over throughout your professional career. If you have any concerns, do not hesitate to contact us (www.barbri-international.com).