BARBRI Certificate in Legal English is an affordable way to learn Legal English at your own pace and on your own schedule. Through the course, you will learn to communicate accurately and effectively in writing and orally and practice your skills.
By the end of the full BARBRI Certificate in Legal English package you will have developed skills to:
- Understand, at a high level, U.S. and U.K. legal systems
- Effectively use international legal systems by learning the essentials of international arbitration as an international lawyer advising your clients on cross-border disputes
- Analyze contracts, legal communications and other legal documents
- Understand case law fundamentals and essential legal terminology in common law jurisdictions
- Draft clear and effective legal letters, contracts and court documents in English
- Draft clear and effective contract clauses
- Draft memorandums for senior partners or opposing counsel
- Understand and apply ethical rules of the day-to-day practice of law in the U.S. and U.K.
The BARBRI Certificate in Legal English is well suited for non-native English-speaking professionals in the legal services industry including, lawyers, law students, paralegals, legal assistants, law clerks, and other legal services personnel. However, all course materials are in English so candidates must have reasonable written and spoken English language skills.