Increase Your Understanding of Ethical Considerations in International Legal Practice
This self-paced course is designed to introduce non-native English-speaking legal professionals to basic principles of professionalism and ethics in international legal practice. By the end of the Professionalism and Ethics in U.S. And U.K. Legal Practice Course, you will develop an understanding of the ethical considerations in international legal practice including:
- Ethical rules of the day-to-day practice of law in the U.S. and U.K.
- Professionalism and lawyering skills applied to client communication
The Professionalism and Ethics in U.S. And U.K. Legal Practice course is well suited for non-native English-speaking professionals in the legal services industry including, lawyers, law students, paralegals, legal assistants, law clerks, and other legal services personnel. All course materials are in English so candidates must have reasonable written and spoken English language skills.
- Learn strategies to effectively interview clients in English
- Identify ethical implications of communicating with clients in English
- Understand common problems lawyers face when speaking with each other in English
- Learn and use common terminology associated with speaking with other lawyers in English